Update….It was noted that the Bud “Wassup” commercials were left out….hurummpfh…mere pretenders in my humble opinion (although I will admit the Superbowl does provide its share of commercial entertainment).
This Bud commercial was better. Bud Light “The Elevator” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gq7p86ZpgM
If you’re really want to relive the “Wassup” phase of your life…. here is the famous “Wassup” http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UDTZCgsZGeA
Welcome to Monday! Another week closer to old man winter. Snow shoveling, scraping, shivering….uhh….I hope everyone had a great Halloween last week. A couple of our house decorations are included below. We had the regular troupe of cute little princesses and wizards, and a couple of teenagers with nary even a wig – and still expecting treats. What’s up with that? The lazy louts.
Now, I like to watch TV – I freely admit that lounging on the couch with the clicker in hand is a bit of a guilty pleasure. We PVR most of the TV we watch these days, which is great. However, because of it we miss some of the best that TV has to offer – the TV Commercial.
Below are some of the favourite TV commercials through the years. Are yours on this list? (drop me a line and give me the youtube link to your favourite and I can include it:)
Here they are:
1. Joe Canadian – doesn’t this commercial give you just a little tingle up your spine? From March 2000. This is one of my alltime fav’s….This went viral big time. Canadians everywhere swelled with pride. I especially love the little, oh-so-Canadian, “thank you” at the very end of the rant. Everyone loves a Canuck!
2. “Albert” – Canadian Tire. Ran sometime in the late 80’s I think…Pure Canadiana – every little boy’s fantasy. This was so popular at the time, the actor who played the adult “Albert” made appearances at the Leafs, Calgary, and Winnipeg NHL games as a celebrity – even though you never see his face in the commercial.
3. Canadian Tire Bike commercial – yet another classic from Canadian Tire. Ran sometime in the 90’s.
4. Now for something a little bit more recent…How about this Heineken delightful spot? Appeals to both men and women doesn’t it? I laugh every time I see it.
5. “You’ve got Bankers”. One has to be able to laugh at themselves, and even though I work at a bank, this is hilarious. From the credit card company Capital One.
That’s it for now….let me know if I’ve missed a great one!!